I already tried La Bella, Savarez, Luthier, D’ADdario, Hannabach, and many others
To choose the proper strings for your flamenco guitar, you first need to know where are you going to play. Your guitar may sound different depending on the audience, the microphone, your nails, atmosphere, etc.
Is it a concert or you just want to play at home? What about your nails, the shorter the nails, the heavier the strings. Long nails are more vulnerable to get broken in a live session or concert.
I use Flamenco Luthier 30 full set. The perfect strings for me.
I tried almos all the strings in the market, and the Luthier’s are the ones that convenced me. They have Luthier 20, 30, 40 and 50. I tried all of them:
- Luthier 50: Are too hard, too much for me. I wanted to know how it feels the stronger strings in the market, so I bought them and used them for two weeks. It was impossible to me to perform at my best.
- Luthier 40: A good choice if you are going to play in a crowded place. These strings are a bit hard to me. Mi fingers hurt after 2-3 hr playing.
- Luthier 30: The perfect strigns for flamenco guitar. Their sound and bright are an excelent complement for mu music style. Medium-hard tension, white silver plated, recommended for flamenco, folk and popular guitars. List of Luthier endorsers: Paco de Lucía, Jorge Morell, Juan Carmona, Victor Villadangos, Gerardo Nuñez, Jose Luis Merlin, and many others. Find the Luthier Concert Silver Set 30 MHT Classical Guitar Strings, Full Set at stringsbymail.
- Luthier 20: I never tried them, too soft I believe they are. I think they could be a good option for playing guitar at home during the night. You can control the volume much easier with your fingers.
Other guitarist use:
Savarez S.A.’s Tomatito nylon guitar strings bring new technologies and string-making techniques to flamenco guitar. By combining Savarez’s Alliance KF G string with unique Cristal clear nylon trebles strings and multifilament-core bass strings, Tomatito nylon string provide you with the precise response and extended projection you need. You’ll particularly notice how well these amazing strings respond to more percussive playing techniques, providing you with the snap and velocity you need to perform advanced flamenco playing techniques. What’s more, advanced treatments and materials extend the life of Savarez S.A.’s Tomatito nylon guitar strings.
Savarez S.A.’s Tomatito Normal Tension Nylon Guitar Strings Features at a Glance:
- Designed by Savarez and Tomatito for immediate and precise response, projection, and tone
- Purpose-built strings designed for flamenco guitar style playing
- Two uniquely designed Cristal clear nylon treble string (E-1 and B-2) add extra snap and response
- Multifilament-core bass strings add powerful projection to lower notes
- Normal Tension string set
D’Addario Flamenco strings
- D’Addario EXL110-3D Nickel Wound Electric GuitarStrings, Regular Light, 10-46, 3 Sets. …
- D’Addario EJ49 Pro-Arte Black Nylon Classical GuitarStrings, Normal Tension. …
- D’Addario EJ16-10P Phosphor Bronze Acoustic GuitarStrings, Light, 10 Sets.
D’Addario Flamenco sets are constructed using a new variation of our exclusive multifilament stranded core material, which dramatically improves the life and tuning consistency of the wound strings when compared to traditional nylon cores. These sets were created and tested with artists worldwide to deliver a flexible feel while still maintaining a quick attack response that is essential for flamenco players. These sets are available in your choice of black and clear nylon, providing tone and appearance options for both traditional and progressive players.
From the Manufacturer
EJ25B Flamenco sets are constructed using a new variation of our exclusive multifilament stranded core material that dramatically improves the life and tuning consistency of the wound strings when compared to traditional nylon cores. Complimented by black nylon trebles, this set was created and tested with artists worldwide to deliver a flexible feel while still maintaining a quick attack response that is essential for flamenco players. This Flamenco set is also available in a clear nylon version (EJ25C), providing tone and appearance options for both traditional and progressive players.
Pro-Arte Composites are constructed using an exclusive multifilament stranded core material which dramatically improves the life and tuning consistency of the wound strings. Like all Pro Arte strings, the trebles are sorted by a sophisticated computer-controlled laser machine which performs hundreds of diameter and tension measurements on every string, ensuring precise intonation.
D’Addario, the world’s largest manufacturer of musical instrument strings, is known as The Players Choice with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and consistency. D’Addario’s innovative packaging reduces waste and provides protection from corrosion. All D’Addario strings are manufactured in the U.S.A. using proprietary, digitally controlled, state-of-the-art machinery for unmatched performance, set after set.
Leave your comment and let me know what flamenco nylon guitar strings are you using.